The Woolverton Inn is your home base for exploring the magic of fall in Hunterdon and Bucks Counties! From country roads, apple picking, and fall themed events, our region has it all. Woolverton Inn welcomes you to fall foliage in New Jersey AND Pennsylvania (just 5 minutes away across the Delaware).
Farm Filled Fun:
- Who doesn’t love apple picking with that someone special in your life? There is nothing better than the taste of an apple right from the tree! Head over to the beautiful Solebury Orchards, just outside of New Hope.
- Pumpkin picking is a staple fall event, especially here in Hunterdon and Bucks Counties! Take a country ride down to pick your favorite pumpkin at Shady Brook Farm.
- What’s your favorite fall drink, pumpkin spice or apple cider? For the cider lovers, head up the road to Ironbound Hard Cider. Made from fresh local apples, their hard cider is quintessential fall.
- For those looking for a relaxing wine experience, visit Unionville Vineyards in Ringoes. Their estate grown wine is worth the trip, and you can enjoy it perched above some of Hunterdon’s most scenic farmland to take in the views of fall foliage in New Jersey.
- For those looking for something a bit different, visit the Llamas at WoodsEdge Farm! You can even leave with socks to keep your feet warm at night right from their farm store! Insider tip: be sure to ask to meet Larry the llama.
A Country Foliage Drive:
- Experience the charm of the last remaining covered bridge in New Jersey by following along Rosemont-Ringoes Road! Head out of Stockton towards the charming village of Rosemont. As you leave Rosemont towards the Green Sergeants Covered Bridge and the village of Sergeantsville, experience the vast views of historic farms along this scenic road to really appreciate fall foliage in New Jersey.
- If you haven’t snapped a photo of the famous farms along Cuttalossa Road, then this is the drive for you! Drive thru the quaint village of Carversville, and then follow along Cuttalossa Road to experience peak foliage, historic homes, and the scenery of Bucks County.
- Explore the charm of the historic Town of Clinton during their annual Pumpkin Fest! Follow along Main Street to view uniquely carved and decorated pumpkins, watch a master carver at work, and hear Halloween stories be told along the river’s edge!
- For those who prefer a bit of a spookier time during the fall months, sign up for one of the Ghosts Tours in New Hope. Follow a lantern-led “walk” along picturesque streets where you’ll learn about the doings of such places as the towpath itself; or see the phantom Hitchhiker who may pass you in the moonlight; or see the historic inn where Aaron Burr appears from time to time and stares with sightless eyes.