The Woolverton Inn, an elegant country B&B in Central New Jersey, warmly welcomes all guests. Our Garden Cottage is ADA compliant. However, due to the historic significance of the original stone Manor House, built in 1792 and expanded in the 1830’s, and the Carriage House, built in the mid-1800’s, these accommodations are not completely wheelchair accessible. Removal of necessary physical barriers for these accommodation for complete accessibility is not readily achievable as such removal would threaten or destroy the historic significance of these buildings.
The physical barriers of the property include the following:
- 1792 Manor House:
- The Carriage House:
- The second floor of The Carriage House is only accessible with an outdoor staircase.
- The Cottages:
- The Sojourn Loft: The bathroom in this two-level suite is located on the second floor which requires the navigation of stairs.
- The Hunterdon: This first floor room requires the navigation of two steps to the shower/tub.
- The Audubon: This first floor room requires the navigation of two steps to the shower/tub.
So all guests can enjoy the Woolverton Inn significant steps have been taken to remove barriers where possible at our property.
Our staff will deliver breakfast, afternoon tea/snacks, take care of luggage, provide extra pillows, and do whatever we can to help make your stay at the Woolverton inn comfortable and enjoyable.
We offer the following ADA compliant accommodation:
- The Garden Cottage is ADA compliant. Features include:
- Wheelchair accessible entrance by using the side patio door.
- Wider doorways.
- Roll-in shower, grab bars in shower and toilet area, hand held shower head, roll under vanity. We also have a shower chair on site if needed.
- Lower mattress on sofa bed.
- Private driveway (close to the entrance).
- Strobe light on smoke detectors.
- With a portable ramp we can provide wheelchair access to the common areas of 1792 Manor House.
For those with limited disabilities we offer the following accommodations:
- The Cotswold Cottage is completely on one level.
- The Audubon and The Hunterdon require the navigation of two steps to access the shower/bath.
- The pathway to the cottages are all on one level with no step into the cottage doorway.
- We have a shower chair on site if needed.
Our goal is to ensure that anyone who wishes to visit the Woolverton Inn can do so, regardless of their physical abilities. Among the ways we strive to comply with the ADA:
- It is our standard operating procedure that individuals with disabilities be able to make reservations for an accessible accommodation during the same hours and in the same manner as individuals who do not need an accessible room.
- We have identified and described accessible features as well as physical barriers with enough detail to allow individuals with disabilities to determine independently whether a given guest room or cottage meets their accessibility needs.
- It is our standard operating procedure to ensure that our accessible guest room option is held for use by individuals with disabilities. However, we protect our clients’ right to privacy of disclosure.
- We guarantee that an accessible guest room, once reserved, is held for the reserving customer and is removed from all reservation systems. We make reasonable efforts with third-party reservation systems to ensure that an accessible room is available through at least some of these services and that information concerning the accessibility of the room is included on their reservation platform.
- Guests with legitimate service dogs will be provided access to all areas of the inn where members of the public are allowed to go.
For special accommodation needs, please call us directly at 609.397.0802 so we can help you determine the best guest room to ensure you have a comfortable arrival and enjoyable stay.
We are committed to facilitating the accessibility and usability of this website for all people with disabilities. We will continue to implement the relevant portions of the World Wide Web Consortium’s Web Content Accessibility Guidelines 2.1 Level A or such other standards as required by the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA). On a periodic basis, our website will be tested with assistive technology. Please be aware that our efforts are ongoing. You may email us at email@example.com or call us with questions or concerns regarding ADA accessibility issues, including issues accessing the website.