Get moving and enjoy the great summer weather with these cool outdoor activities we’ve pulled together! When you’re all tired out, the Woolverton Inn is the perfect place to relax and treat yourself to an amazing overnight stay. Experience our luxury guest rooms and a delicious country breakfast each morning.
Booking Tip: Book two nights midweek and save 30% on your second night now until the end of August 2019 when you use code: SUMMER2
Hiking Trails Galore
If you’re planning an outdoor adventure during your New Jersey getaway, then we urge you to check out these beautiful NJ hiking trails!
- Sourland Mountain Preserve located on Sourland Mountain in central New Jersey provides quick access to more than 4,000 acres of hiking trail experiences. Compared to the more well-known trails located in the Highlands area of Northern New Jersey, this magnificent hiking area is only 30 minutes from our Inn and is guaranteed to help you get that much-needed vitamin D!
- Washington Crossing Historic Park is a U.S. National Historic Landmark area with almost 500 acres to explore and is located only 12 minutes from our bed and breakfast. If you choose this beautiful area to adventure, you will have tons of places to explore. You can stop by the visitor center, museum, check out historic buildings and the observatory, explore hiking trails, and walk through the nature center. This area is perfect for history buffs and hikers wanting to see the physical location where former President George Washington and his soldiers crossed the Delaware River on Christmas Day, turning the tides of the Revolutionary War.
- Ralph Stover State Park is a Pennsylvania state park on 45 acres of land in Plumstead, Tinicum Townships, and Bucks County. Located 10 miles down the road from our Inn, guests can take advantage of this wonderful outdoor amusement park. Over the years this state park has become a very popular destination for whitewater kayaking on Tohickon Creek and rock climbing on High Rocks. Of course, for those just wanting to take a leisurely hike to soak up some sun and summer air, there are also multiple hiking trails to enjoy.
Cool Down with Water Sports
Beat the summer heat by taking advantage of all the wonderful water sports the area has to offer!
- The Delaware River is the perfect place to cool down this summer. Grab your bathing suit, sunscreen, and water bottle, then head up to Frenchtown, NJ where you can connect with Delaware River Tubing for all your rental needs. Guests can rent tubes, kayaks or canoes and float down the river with friends or family. Book a stay with us and we’ll help you pin down the details.
- Bulls Island State Park, located just 3 miles up the road from Woolverton Inn, sits between the historic canals and the Delaware River. This area is great for fishing as it provides plenty of shady areas where you can sit back and relax for the day! For your convenience, we can also reserve bikes for you and your party if you are searching for a laid-back bike ride to explore Bulls Island.
Booking Tip: When you book your stay at the Woolverton Inn, make sure to check out our Country Excursion Package! This awesome special includes miles of unspoiled country lanes and riverside bike trails, a gourmet 4-course picnic lunch, maps, bike/helmet rentals, and more!
When you stay with us at our beautiful Inn, you will never run out of fun things to do in New Jersey this summer. From hiking in the beautiful Sourland Mountains to tubing or kayaking down the Delaware River, you will always have a way to have fun in the summer sun and enjoy everything the season has to offer.