The 2018 Holiday Season is Here!
Treat yourselves to a holiday getaway this year and join us in Pennsylvania for a festive few days. At the Woolverton Inn Kitchen, we’ve got the recipe boxes open and the oven warm, ready to bake those special “once a year” treats.”
Close by, our neighbors in New Hope, Lambertville and other surrounding towns are busy planning special events and creating unique venues for all their visitors. You can’t resist the opportunity to join the fun and catch the holiday spirit this year.
Here are just a few of the many activities you’ll want to get onto your calendar:
New Hope Holiday Parade ❅ November 26, 4pm-5:30
New Hope Caroling ❅ Saturdays in December at 6pm
Shady Brook Farms Holiday Light Show ❅ November 17, 2018–January 6, 2019, 5-10pm
➢ See 3 million lights illuminating acres of farmland. Take your car or (weather permitting) an open air wagon ride! See details.
First Crossing Reenactment at Washington Crossing Park ❅ December 9, 10am-4pm (crossing is at 11am)
➢ Enjoy colonial era games and period demonstrations. Adults: $8, Kids 5-11: $4, Kids under 4: free! See details.
Peddler’s Village Lahaska ❅ November 18, 2016–January 2, 2019
➢ Fun Festive events including:
- Grand Illumination Celebration on November 18
- Christmas Festival on December 3 & 4
- Gingerbread House Competition November 18- January 2
- Plus, fabulous holiday shopping and dining throughout! See details.
New Hope & Ivy Railroad North Pole Express
➢ Offering excursions almost daily through December. See schedule. Ride the train while singing carols, drinking cocoa and eating cookies! Santa and Mrs. Claus greet each guest with a gift! See details.
The Mercer Museum in Doylestown
➢ Mark your calendars for the following free events:
- Dicken’s: A Christmas Carol on November 19, 12:30-2pm
- Holiday Open House on December 11 at 7pm. Enjoy festive music, say hi to Santa, and witness the burning of the greens!
The Fonthill Castle in Doylestown
- Winter Wonderland Tours December 1–December 14. Reservations requested for daily tours of this amazing home in its holiday finery! Call 215-348-9461.
- Candlelight Holiday Tours on December 28 throughout the day. $18 per person.
The Nutcracker at the College of New Jersey ❅ November 30–December 2
➢ Put on by the Roxey Ballet at the College of New Jersey in Lambertville, with showtimes at 1pm, 2pm, and 4pm. See details.
Shows at the Music Mountain Theater
➢Don’t miss these holiday classics:
- A Christmas Story November 9–November 25, showtimes at 8pm on Fridays, 3pm & 8pm on Saturdays, and 3pm on Sundays
- A Christmas Carol November 30–December 16, showtimes at 8pm on Friday, 3pm & 8pm on Saturday, and 3pm on Sunday
- A Holiday Concert on December 21 & 22, showtimes at 8pm on Friday and 3pm & 8pm on Saturday
Ebenezer Scrooge’s Big Playhouse Christmas Show at Bucks County Playhouse ❅ December 7-December 30
Showtimes at 7:30pm on Tuesdays, 2pm on Wednesdays, 2pm & 7:30pm on Thursdays, 8pm on Fridays, 2pm & 7:30pm on Saturdays, and 2pm on Sundays.
Book Your Holiday Stay at Woolverton Inn
As you can see, there are so many ways to celebrate the holidays during your stay at Woolverton Inn. Book your getaway today and please don’t hesitate to ask us for more recommendations. However you decide to spend it, we wish you peace and joy this season!